Le Boulevardier

Ah, what a pleasant surprise! How long has it been? Please, asseyez-vous, as they say. What brings you to the boulevard, aside from the pleasant weather? You must tell me all about what you've seen and heard.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Along the boulevard of earthly delights, France

A gentleman of leisurely pursuits lounging beside the boulevard of life, lost in his own reveries and observing others pursue their dreams or flee their nightmares.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Time to Gird One's Loins

I recently read a review of a book which I’m now reading. I chose to read it largely because I was attracted by the fact that someone out there remains unashamed to characterize themselves as a Liberal. I’ve always been proud to characterize myself as both a social liberal and a humanist. You can imagine my shock and dismay to find that both terms have become dismissive pejoratives in the popular discourse.

Paul Krugman’s work has reassured me that the time is right to remove the gloves and aggressively combat the sort of mendacious, hypocritical, antisocial egocentrism which characterizes Movement Conservatism. Neocon spinmasters are not nice people and are not worthy of the sort of respectful adversarial stance traditionally assumed by liberal humanists. They are aggressive and unprincipled hypocrites who must be confronted and stopped whenever and however they seek to advance their cruel agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home